Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms with over one billion monthly active users. It’s a great platform for businesses to connect with their target audience and build a strong online presence.
Here are 13 tips on how businesses can use Instagram for their marketing when you start an Instagram business:
1. Use High-Quality Images
When it comes to Instagram, quality is key. Your images should be high-resolution and visually appealing. Keep in mind that people are scrolling through their feeds quickly, so you need to make sure your images are attention-grabbing.
Instagram is a visual platform, so it should come as no surprise that visuals are important. But what you might not realize is just how important they are. A study by Curalate found that images with more than one color generated 24% more likes than images with a single color. And images with blue as a dominant color generated the most Likes. So, what does this mean for you? Use images that are colorful and eye-catching. And if you want to maximize your likes, use images with blue as a dominant color.
2. Use Hashtags
Hashtags are a great way to reach a wider audience on Instagram. When people search for a certain hashtag, your post will show up in the results.
- Use relevant hashtags- Hashtags should be relevant to the content you are sharing. If you are sharing a photo of a product, use hashtags that describe the product or that are relevant to your target audience.
- Use popular hashtags- Popular hashtags are more likely to be seen by potential customers. Use hashtags that are popular in your industry or that are general hashtags that are popular on Instagram.
- Use a mix of hashtags- Use a mix of popular hashtags and less popular hashtags. This will help you reach a wider audience.
- Use hashtags in your caption- In addition to using hashtags in the caption, you can also use them in the comments section. This will help you get more exposure for your account.
- Use hashtags sparingly- Don’t use too many hashtags in your posts. This can make your posts look spammy and can turn potential customers off. Use a maximum of 3-5 hashtags per post.
Best Instagram Hashtag Generator Tools
To increase post engagement, use can use the hashtag generator tool below to generate hashtags that convert into higher post engagement rates.
- Hashtag Generator #HashMe
- Hashtags For Likes
- Instavast Hashtag Generator
- Photerloo Instagram Hashtag and Keyword Generator
- Daily Purpose
- Influencer Marketing Hub Instagram Hashtag Generator
- All Hashtag
3. Use Instagram Stories
Instagram Stories are a great way to share behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and more. They disappear after 24 hours, so they’re perfect for sharing time-sensitive content.
- Use attractive visuals- Make sure your Instagram Stories are visually appealing – use high-quality images and videos, and avoid using too much text.
- Use calls to action- Include calls to action in your Instagram Stories to encourage your audience to take the desired action, whether it’s visiting your website, signing up for your newsletter, or following you on social media.
- Use hashtags- Hashtags are a great way to get your Instagram Stories seen by more people. Use relevant and popular hashtags to reach a wider audience.
- Use location tags- If you’re posting Stories from a specific location, make sure to use the location tag so people can see it. This is especially useful if you have a brick-and-mortar business.
- Take advantage of Instagram’s features- There are many features in Instagram Stories that you can take advantage of, such as polls, quizzes, and emoji sliders. Use these features to engage with your audience and make your Stories more interactive.
- Post regularly- To keep your audience engaged, make sure to post new Stories regularly. A good rule of thumb is to post at least once a day.
- Promote your Stories- Make sure to promote your Instagram Stories on your other social media channels and on your website to get more eyes on them.
- Analyze your results- Use Instagram’s built-in analytics tool to see how your Stories are performing and to see which ones are getting the most views and engagement. Use this information to improve your future Stories.
4. Go Live
Instagram Live is a great way to connect with your followers in real time. You can use it to answer questions, give a tour of your office, or just have a casual conversation. Share announcements, give product demonstrations, or take your followers behind the scenes of your business.
- Start by creating a strategy for your live stream. What is the purpose of the live stream? What do you hope to achieve?
- Plan and prepare your content in advance. Decide what you’re going to say and do ahead of time so you’re not fumbling around when you go live.
- Make sure you have good lighting and a clear, steady camera shot. No one wants to watch a live stream that’s dark and blurry.
- Engage with your viewers! Live streaming is all about interacting with your audience in real-time, so make sure to answer their questions and comments.
- Use live streaming to drive traffic to your other channels. Make sure to plug your website, blog, or other social media platforms during the live stream.
- Keep your live stream short and sweet. No one wants to watch a live stream that goes on for hours. 30 minutes is usually a good length of time.
- Have fun! Live streaming should be enjoyable for both you and your viewers. If you’re not enjoying it, your viewers probably won’t be either.
5. Use Instagram Ads
Instagram Ads are a great way to reach a wider audience and promote your products or services. You can target a specific audience and choose the right ad format to achieve your marketing goals.
- Use high-quality visuals-This is especially important on Instagram, where people are scrolling through their feeds quickly. Make sure your visuals are eye-catching and high-quality.
- Use persuasive copy-Again, you only have a few seconds to catch someone’s attention on Instagram. Make sure your copy is persuasive and tells people what they can expect by clicking on your ad.
- Use relevant hashtags- Hashtags are a great way to get your content seen by more people. Use relevant hashtags that are specific to your industry or niche.
- Use calls to action-Your call to action should be clear and tell people what you want them to do. For example, if you’re promoting a new product, you could use a call to action like “Buy now!” or “Learn more!”
- Use tracking links-It’s important to track the performance of your Instagram Ads. Use tracking links so you can see how many people are clicking on your ad and taking the desired action.
6. Collaborate With Influencers
Influencers have a large following on Instagram and they can help promote your business. Collaborate with influencers in your industry to reach a new audience and improve your visibility.
- Make sure the influencer is a good fit for your brand-Their followers should be interested in what you have to offer.
- Keep your goals in mind-What do you hope to achieve by collaborating with this influencer?
- Make sure the influencer is comfortable with promoting your brand-They should be willing to post about your products or services in a positive light.
- Be clear about what you expect from the influencer. What kind of content would you like them to create? How often will they be posting?
- Be willing to offer something in return-Influencers are more likely to promote your brand if they feel like they are getting something out of it. This could be in the form of free products, discounts, or exclusive content.
- Be patient-Don’t expect results overnight. It takes time to build up a relationship with an influencer and their followers.
7. Use Instagram Insights
Instagram Insights is a great way to track your performance and see how your content is performing. It gives you detailed information about your followers, engagement, and reach.
- Use Insights to track your progress and growth. Check back regularly to see how your account is performing and look for ways to improve.
- Use Insights to better understand your audience. Who are they? What do they like? What do they want to see more of from you?
- Use Insights to inform your content strategy. What kind of content performs well? What time of day do your posts get the most engagement?
- Use Insights to track your competition. Who are they? What are they doing that’s working well? What can you learn from them?
- Use Insights to drive your marketing efforts. What ads are performing well? What call-to-action is getting the most clicks?
8. Host a Contest
Hosting a contest on Instagram is a great way to engage your followers and promote your business.
- Make sure to choose a prize that’s relevant to your target audience.
- Make sure the rules of the contest are clear and easy to follow.
- Use attractive visuals to promote the contest.
- Encourage participants to share the contest with their friends.
- Select a winner fairly and promptly announce the results.
9. Provide Customer Support
You can use Instagram to provide customer support. You can answer questions, resolve issues, and build a strong relationship with your customers.
- Be responsive- Customers expect a response to their inquiries within 24 hours. If you can’t respond that quickly, let them know when they can expect a response.
- Be available- Make sure you have someone available to answer questions during business hours.
- Be helpful- Provide clear and helpful answers to customer questions. If you don’t know the answer, be honest and let them know you’ll find out and get back to them.
- Be friendly- Be polite and professional in all your interactions.
- Follow up- Make sure you follow up with customers after their initial inquiry. This shows that you care about their issue and want to make sure it’s resolved.
10. Analyze Your Competitors
It’s important to keep an eye on your competitors. Analyze their content and strategies to see what’s working for them. You can learn from their successes and avoid their mistakes.
- Review their followers.
- Take a look at what content they are posting and how often they are posting.
- Check out their engagement levels.
- See what kind of ads they are running.
- Identify their target audience.
- Study their overall marketing strategy.
11. Use a Scheduling Tool
Scheduling tools like Hootsuite can help you save time and be more efficient with your Instagram marketing. You can schedule your posts and analyze your performance in one place. Instagram is a powerful marketing platform for businesses.
- Look for a scheduling tool that integrates with Instagram’s business tools. This will make it easier to track your results and measure your success.
- Choose a scheduling tool that offers a variety of features. This will allow you to customize your posts and ensure that they are tailored to your specific business goals.
- Select a scheduling tool that is easy to use. This will make it simpler to plan and execute your Instagram marketing strategy.
12. Keep your account professional
This one should be a no-brainer, but it’s worth reiterating. Your Instagram account is a reflection of your brand, so make sure it is consistent with the image you want to project. That means no personal photos, no unprofessional-looking photos, and no profanity.
13. Use Instagram insights
Instagram Insights is a built-in analytics tool that provides valuable information about your followers and your posts. Use this data to improve your Instagram strategy and to better understand your audience.
If you’re looking for business on Instagram, these 13 tips will help you get started on the right foot. From creating a profile that accurately represents your brand to using hashtags and Stories to reach new audiences, you can use Instagram to connect with customers and grow your business. Good Luck reaching a wider audience, engaging your followers, and achieving your marketing goals!